Business owners are used to having control and making decisions. They want to leave their companies when they want, to whom they want, and they want to ensure they get what they need in retirement. Successful business owners know it does not happen without planning, hard work, and sacrifice. Yet, most business owners seldom slow down enough to design a business exit plan.
Naturally, potential buyers look for businesses with strong management structure, increasing cash flow, and plans for business growth. A business that revolves around the current owner will be hard to sell. Buyers seek out (and pay top dollar for) businesses that are poised for ownership transition.
Unless you work on your business, rather than in your business, you will never find time to plan for your future and for the future of the business. Through the creation of an exit plan, we help business owners preserve and protect their assets and transfer their legacy to the next generation.
Business exit planning involves finding answers to the following questions:
- How much cash will you need to meet your retirement needs?
- How much is your business worth?
- How can you maximize the income stream generated by your ownership interest?
- How do you sell your business to a third party and pay the least possible taxes?
- How do you transfer your business to family members, co-owners, or employees while paying the least possible taxes and ensuring maximum financial security?
- How do you ensure continuity in business operations if the unexpected happens to you?
- How do you secure financial independence for your family if the unexpected happens to you?
We work with business owners to find answers to these questions and to develop a road map. We help you prepare today for the biggest financial event of your life. We want you to be prepared so you can leave your business on your own terms- to whom you want, when you want, and with the amount of money you want to live comfortably in retirement. We work with your clients and their team of advisors (CPA, financial advisor, valuation specialist, etc.) to create and implement a business exit strategy. This strategy will maximize the value of your business and minimize taxes, while securing your financial future.